HPE OfficeConnect 1950 Switch SeriesSKU: JH295A
The HPE OfficeConnect 1950 Series is a smart Web-managed 10-Gigabit and Gigabit platform for advanced small business networks needing highest performance now or in the future.
New to the series is a 16-port 10-Gigabit aggregation switch that has 12 10GBASE-T and 4 SFP+ ports, which is ideal as the core of a high performance workgroup or small business network. Additional series models have Gigabit access ports with 10-Gigabit uplinks, including two standard and two PoE+ models in 24- and 48-port configurations. The access switches each have two 10GBASE-T ports supporting copper- based Category 6A based cabling, and two 10G SFP+ ports for fiber connectivity. The PoE+ models both have a PoE power budget of 370 W to power up PoE/PoE+ compliant client devices.
The HPE OfficeConnect 1950 Switch Series has an intuitive Web-based interface for simple customization of network operation. It supports true-stacking, the aggregation switch supporting up to two devices, while the access switches allowing up to four devices, to be logically administered as a single entity, simplifying administration while supporting greater network redundancy. Models support both rack mounting and desktop operation. These switches have IPv4 and IPv6 operation, with Layer 2 switching as well as Layer 3 static routing. Other features include: link aggregation to boost link performance; VLANs, Access Control Lists, and 802.1X network login for enhanced security; and three versions of Spanning Tree Protocol (STP) for added network resiliency.
- Flexible 10GbE connections-10GBASE-T copper and SFP+ fiber-in an affordable, smart web-managed switch series.
- Four-high stacking can simplify network administration and add resiliency.
- Power over Ethernet models supporting up to 370 Watts total PoE+/PoE power.
- Customized operation using intuitive Web browser-based interface
- Limited lifetime warranty for unit, power, and fans.
High-level Gigabit with 10GbE Networking for Advanced Small Businesses.
- Each model of the HPE 1950 Switch Series includes four 10GbE connections to connect to servers, network storage devices, or to other switches.
- Two connections of 10GBASE-T deliver 10GbE over copper Category 6a cabling for simple, affordable, high-bandwidth connections to a maximum distance of 100 meters.
- Two SFP+ ports allow for fiber connectivity at various distances, at 1/10GbE speeds, using optional SFP+ 10GbE or SFP Gigabit transceivers.
- Aggregate 10GbE connections for even higher bandwidth using Link Aggregation Control Protocol.
Simplified Network Administration
- Logically group or "stack" as many as four units of the HPE 1950 Switch Series and manage this as a single entity, greatly simplifying network administration. Interconnect stacked units using 10GbE connections, with as much as 40GbE total stacking bandwidth connecting the units.
- Use the intuitive web-browser based interface to configure and administer these smart-managed devices.
- These devices support SNMP versions 1, 2c and 3, allowing administration of these devices from a remote SNMP-based management platform.
- Network Time Protocol facilitates timekeeping across your network so time-based actions and trouble-shooting logs are kept synchronized.
- Units will automatically retrieve an IP Address from a DHCP server, allowing for near plug-and-play deployments.
Robust Security to Protect Your Network
- The HPE 1950 Switch Series lets you use Virtual LANs and access control lists to set bounds on what data can be seen by which users.
- Leverage 802.1X with a RADIUS server to ensure only known and authorized users can access your network.
- Multiple features guard your network from user or server spoofing and from malicious network-based attacks.
- Help secure management traffic using supported SSL/HTTPS encryption and SNMPv3 capabilities.
Resiliency Features to Keep Your Network Running
- The HPE 1950 Switch Series supports Spanning Tree Protocol, Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol, and Multiple Spanning Tree Protocol standards for creating hot-standby recovery links.
- Distribute important links across multiple units in a logical stack for added resiliency. Units can even be in different buildings and still be logically stacked.
- Devices support two independent primary and secondary operating system flash images for backup and recovery during unit upgrades.
- Power over Ethernet (PoE) models can be paired with an optional Redundant Power System which can maintain power even if the unit's power supply fails, as well as supplement available PoE power up to 780 Watts.
HPE OfficeConnect 1950 12XGT 4SFP+ Switch (JH295A)
HPE OfficeConnect 1950 24G 2SFP+ 2XGT Switch (JG960A)
HPE OfficeConnect 1950 48G 2SFP+ 2XGT Switch (JG961A)
HPE OfficeConnect 1950 24G 2SFP+ 2XGT PoE+ Switch (JG962A)
HPE OfficeConnect 1950 48G 2SFP+ 2XGT PoE+ Switch (JG963A)