Verbatim Fingerprint Secure HDD - USB-CSKU: 53650
Keeping your data safe and secure while on the move is a prime concern - not only for businesses, but also from a personal perspective. Imagine losing your personal files, leaving them on a train or in the back of a taxi, knowing that anyone can access them because they were saved on a standard hard drive. The Fingerprint Secure Hard Drive uses a combination of AES 256-bit hardware encryption and biometric technology for complete information security.
The AES 256-bit Hardware Encryption seamlessly encrypts all data on the drive in real-time. The drive is compliant with GDPR requirements as 100% of the drive is securely encrypted. The built-in fingerprint recognition system allows access for up to eight authorised users and one administrator who can access the device via a password. The hard drive does not store passwords in the computer or system's volatile memory making it far more secure than software encryption. Also, if it falls into the wrong hands, the hard drive will erase all data after multiple failed password attempts.
The easy-to-use software allows up to eight users to enrol and save their fingerprints. Once setup, these users can lock and unlock the device just using their registered fingerprint. Simply plug in the Fingerprint secure to your PC and gently place your finger on the sensor. If the fingerprint is recognised the secure hard drive will unlock and a green LED on the device will light up. The hard drive can also be accessed using an administrator password.
Compatible with both PC and Mac operating systems, the hard drive interface is USB 3.1 GEN 1 with USB-C connection for super-fast data transfer speeds. The pack includes a USB-C to USB-A cable as well as a USB-C adapter for connection to a range of devices. It can also be connected to TVs once a fingerprint is registered, a feature which is not possible with regular encrypted hard drives.
For added security, Nero Backup software is provided to help you back up all your files, folders, and drives from your laptop or PC whenever you want. It also allows you to schedule an auto back up to a set time and day to ensure that it gets done regularly! Nero Backup Software is compatible with Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10 (not compatible with Mac OS).
- USB-C portable hard drive with integrated fingerprint scanner to prevent unauthorised users accessing your data
- Access using the fingerprint from an authorised user
- 100% mandatory premium 256-bit AES hardware security encryption
- Up to eight authorised users plus one administrator (via password)
- Store and carry confidential data while being protected from loss or hacking
- Supports USB Super-speed (5Gbps)
- USB-C to USB-A cable and USB-C adapter
- Nero Backup Software included
- 2 year Warranty
USB 3.1 GEN 1 (also compatible with USB 3.0/2.0)*
Minimum Intel Processor Pentium II/50MHz, 64MB RAM
Windows 10, 8, 7
Minimum Apple G Processor, 64MB RAM
Mac OS 9.1, 9.2, 10.1.5, 10.2, 10.3
*for optimal performance, the drive must be connected to a USB 3.1 GEN 1 host controller
- 1TB (53650)
- 2TB (53651)
- Power: Bus powered via USB cable
- Interface: USB 3.1 GEN 1
- Enclosure material: Plastic and Aluminium
- LED Indicator: Locked / Unlocked
- Product Weight: 1TB 156grams / 2TB 182grams
- Dimensions: 126mm x 81mm x 16.5mm (L x W x H)
- Operating Temperature: 5°C to 50°C
- Storage Temperature: -40°C to 70°C
- Operating Humidity: 5 to 90%, non condensing
- Verbatim Fingerprint Secure Hard Drive
- Nero Backup Software
- USB-C to USB-A cable (includes USB-C adapter)
- Quick installation guide
- User manual (pre-loaded to the drive)